Monday, September 27, 2010

Marathon Monday

Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful week training!

I...did not. I only ran twice this week and only for about 3 miles each. I missed my 18-mile long run and all of my workouts. I was at the UN from 6am to sometimes 10pm every day last week and had class and school work and my body was not in any shape for an 18-mile run this week, so last night, in place of my 18, I did a 5k on the treadmill and then swan a couple of laps.


But my schedule is definitely calming down this week and I'll definitely be training this week since I'm running my Half-Marathon on Sunday!!

So since this week is Race Week, I'll be training but taking it easy so that I'm fresh for Sunday!

The plan is as follows:
Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: X-Train
Thursday: 8 miles
Friday: Time Trial
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Half-Marathon!
Depending on how my race goes, I may try and throw in an easy 5 miles on Sunday after my race just to increase my mileage for the week so that I'm on track for the race since I'm slightly behind =/ We'll see how I feel though!

I'm now officially 2 months away from my Marathon and feeling pretty good, although as this month draws to a close and I reach the half-way point of my training, my goals for the next two months leading up to Race Day which I'll be incorporating into my schedule next week are:

  • Start running 5 days per week
  • Run no less tan 32 miles in any given week leading up to Race Day
  • Incorporate at minimum 2 cross and strength training workouts per week
I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but it's definitely going to pay off! I'm just 2 months away from crossing #1 off of my 25 Before 25 list and I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your half this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep that training going. Good luck with your race

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh i love all women's races!! instead of worrying about training after the race, just give it your all at the race that is really wonderful training for you and then take a couple rest days, your body really does need it after a race

    ReplyDelete

we {heart} comments!